[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Orphaned Cookbooks?

  • From: Maven User < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Orphaned Cookbooks?
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 20:32:23 -0500

Hi Peter - can you help me figure out one thing with the same cookbook?

How does chef know which data bag item to use for the server you're deploying to?

For instance - the documentation says you need to create a databag named cassandra and create an item named clusters.  Then in there you can create a hash for each server.

For the life of me, I cant seem to get cassandra.yaml to have the cluster_name I'm specifying.  When the server is provisioned, I can see ohai has the right value.

Any suggestions?