[chef] Chef 11 issues with updating resources

  • From: David Montgomery < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Chef 11 issues with updating resources
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:58:13 +0800

Hi,

Chef 11 is not updating resources. If I add a resource.  Great.  It works.  I make a change...boom.  Still uses the old resource.  I am using hosted chef.

This applies to templates and more recently a git resource.  Now because of a bug in my code, all chef runs fail.  I commented out the resource, push to chef server, I see that the code is commented out when I view the recipe on hosted chef.....but chef runs still fail because its using the old code.

If I dont get this fixed I will have to do a rolling upgrade on every dev server.  Thank god this was not in production where I a using 10x a and I have no issues.

What could this problem be?  I think basic of chef and hosted chef is my chef runs should reflect the recipes that are on hosted chef.  I make a change to an existing resource....nope..not the case.

Please advise....

Thanks