[chef] Re: Re: Re: Workstation 11 Installation Questions

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Workstation 11 Installation Questions
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 11:53:25 -0800

have you installed the chef server already ? If not, just install the omnibus client in your work station and use knife-server to install the chef server as well as configuring knife in you workstation http://fnichol.github.com/knife-server/  (read the readme end to end).

If you have already  installed chef server and got the webui running then use the webui (it should show you the admin login credentials in the first page ), use the webui to create an admin client (or user if you are using  chef 11 server). Grab the pem file. Once you have the pem file, then in your workstation invoke 'knife configure -i' and proceed from there.