[chef] Re: Re: Re: Omnibus and RVM

  • From: "Baugher,Bryan" < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Omnibus and RVM
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 17:17:39 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Yes this is what we are trying to do. I should have looked in your JIRA first. I think I found the issue here[1].

On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Adam Jacob wrote:

I don't understand the question, sorry.

Omnibus is a full-stack installation - it brings ruby, and everything else
above libc, along for the ride in the package itself. So it's completely
incompatible with RVM by definition.

If you want to try using Chef and RVM, the way to do that is to just
install the Chef gem inside of RVM - at which point, you don't need the
omnibus installer at all, perhaps.

Best,
Adam
I think he wants omnibus for chef things and RVM for other stuff. What happens in that case is the environment variables from rvm point omnibus' ruby at the rvm install. There's an open bug about this.

--
Daniel DeLeo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.