[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CHEF-3930: Run apt-get update automagically if apt-get install fails

  • From: John Dewey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CHEF-3930: Run apt-get update automagically if apt-get install fails
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 12:58:33 -0800

Why not add `recipe[apt]` to your base role?  This keeps things cache up to date.

--
John Dewey
Sent with Sparrow

On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Andrew Gross wrote:

That works pretty well, I think the previous idea sprouted from the constraint that we didnt want to have to add this block to every single package block. Unsure how to resolve that with this syntax unless we could specify global defaults for some of these things.