[chef] Re: Remove a user from a group?

  • From: Peter Loron < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Remove a user from a group?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:10:10 -0700

Hi, AJ. From my reading of the group docs (URL below), I'm only seeing the ability to specify the complete set of users in a group, not the specific user to remove. If true, in order to remove a user from a group, I would need to know the list of all users in the group first, which I do not have. I could probably gin up a way to get that list, but it seems very broken to be able to add a specific user, but not remove oneā€¦

Since I'm on the topic, is there any clarification between what the "manage" and "modify" actions do?

-Pete