[chef] Re: Re: Re: I think I'm doing it wrong: DNS as an example

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: I think I'm doing it wrong: DNS as an example
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:58:11 -0700

im experimenting on something similar. Interfacing with zookeeper directly is bit of pain. I am playing with mostly dcell which can use zookeeper or redis for maintaining the node registry.

One thing to note is we have to keep data that are very dynamic out of zookeeper as it performs best for read more write less scenarios. Also, in certain cases I want to get the information from the other node directly instead of a central registry.