[chef] deploy_revision not creating 'current' symlink?

  • From: Brian Hatfield < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] deploy_revision not creating 'current' symlink?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 09:37:20 -0400

Hi All,

Hopefully this is a silly question and I've just overlooked something in the docs, but I am attempting to use the deploy_revision resource for the first time, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the lack of 'current' being created.

Reading the docs, it says that 'shared', 'releases' and 'current' will be created, but in my case, only 'shared' and 'releases' were created, with no errors and no 'current' to be found.

Is there some option I need to enable or some flag I must pass in order for 'current' to appear?

Thank you!
Brian