[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: current version documented anywhere?

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: current version documented anywhere?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 18:16:25 -0700

If you click through the distro/version/arch selection you can get the list of versions here: http://www.opscode.com/chef/install/

Hopefully we'll redesign that page soon and I'll try to keep this in mind when that happens.

--
Daniel DeLeo

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Brian Akins wrote:

Thanks to all.

It seems odd that there is not an easy to find page that says what the current released version of chef is.  This comes the closest, I suppose: http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversions-panel  but I can't see anyone stumbling upon that.

This came up because someone asked me about an error message and I noticed they were running an ancient version of chef-client that had a known bug. I realized there's not really an easy for newbs page that has the current version(s) listed and a high level overview of the changes (even if linked).