[chef] Chef Server 11 Backup / Restore

  • From: Steven Barre < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Chef Server 11 Backup / Restore
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 17:02:12 -0700

Ohai!

I'm starting to move some of our operations into the cloud and want to start using chef to manage the instances. But first I need a proper backup / recovery plan for my chef-server. All the directions I can find are for Chef 10 and the CouchDB, not for v11.

Anyone aware of a good tutorial on how / what to back up? And how to restore and get running again.

I understand the cookbooks and databags should be in version control, but the node data / keys and such is a different matter.

Steven Barre, RHCE, ZCE, MCP

Systems Administrator / Programmer
Real Estate Webmasters - 250-753-9893