[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef v11 fails on Centos 6.4

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef v11 fails on Centos 6.4
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:22:12 -0700

On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Lunixer wrote:

Would you know whether the hostname is kept somewhere in the chef server configuration? I'd like to be able to keep using this config and only change the hostname. Are there certificates involved. I'm new to chef, so any hints are most helpful.

Thanks again.

-lun

There is a master config file that is used to generate config files for the individual components:

http://docs.opscode.com/config_rb_chef_server.html

The way to go is to make your changes in the chef_server.rb file and then use chef-server-ctl reconfigure to render the changes and restart components.

--
Daniel DeLeo