[chef] Any success installing SQL Server?

  • From: Jeppe Nejsum Madsen < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Any success installing SQL Server?
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:37:56 +0200

Hi

I've been trying to install SQL Server Express on EC2 using chef, but so far with no success.

I've tried both Sql Server 2008/2012 and on Windows Server 2008 R2/2012.

It all seems to boil down to the setup not working when run using WinRM. When running the exact same command using Remote Desktop, everything works fine.

I realize this is not really chef specific, but also that the chef crowd is probably the ones most likely to have some insights here.

I've seen http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/COOK-1172 but not really sure if the vagrant stuff applies.....

So, has someone actually installed SQL server using chef? If so please share the details :-)

/Jeppe