[chef] Re: Re: Re: How do you use tags?

  • From: Pete Cheslock < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: How do you use tags?
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 09:08:51 -0400

We've used them in the past to control crons in a simple.  Have 10 webservers, but only one is supposed to run a cron, tag it and that is the cron.  We added additional logic so that the nodes would do "tag election" and one of the nodes would always have a tag - so there was no real human intervention.