[chef] How to configure apt to not hit the repo every time?

  • From: millisami r < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] How to configure apt to not hit the repo every time?
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 17:12:34 +0545

Hi, I'm developing a cookbook using Berkshelf and Vagrant latest.

There is a place in the recipe that runs apt-get update frequently and other dependent cookbooks too like the following:

[2013-05-18T11:21:48+00:00] INFO: Processing execute[apt-get update] action run (mysql::ruby line 23)

Its fine on the production node, but in the vagrant provision way, every time I run, it will hit the apt-get update which is a bit slow coz it hits via the internet.

How can I configure Vagrant to just hit only once in a single vagrant provision command?
Or do I have to do change something else?

@millisami
~Sachin Sagar Rai
Ruby on Rails Developer
http://tfm.com.np