[chef] Installing Ruby from source

  • From: Jeffrey Jones < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Installing Ruby from source
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:41:45 +0900

Hello all.

I have decided that one of chef's greatest strengths; and biggest weaknesses is the community cookbooks (but that is a post for another time).

Is there any "canonical" cookbook that will install ruby (version of our choosing) from source (Including the build-essential'ish packages)? I have found half a dozen ruby cookbooks but none of them offer the source option (I did actually find one but it is 2 years old, barely documented and released under the WTFPL)

I am pretty surprised that I could not find one "opscode" blessed "Install ruby from source" cookbook, seems like a pretty basic building block.

On a slight return to my first line, the community cookbook page really REALLY needs some sorting and filtering features.

Cheers

Jeff