[chef] Re: Re: Passing values from one Chef resource to another

  • From: Cary Penniman < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Passing values from one Chef resource to another
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:29:23 -0700

Thanks to Noah and Kannan for the review and the feedback.

I am excited to see that the delayed attribute feature [1] will be available in 0.10.28!

Chef rocks!

-Cary P

[1] - http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-3731

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Kannan Manickam < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Cary,

Somebody else had the same problem and someone pointed out about the lazy attribute feature that is coming up in Chef 11.6 (which was formerly delayed_evaluator as a POC).

Ohai, Chefs!

I have a ruby_block that calculates a value which I then want to use in another, say 'mount', resource.  Is there a documented way or best practice on how to do this?

I could not find anything documented anywhere, so I wrote something up:

Thoughts? Suggestions? Criticisms?

Cheers!

-Cary P

--