[chef] Re: Version of git required for Private Chef?

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To: Brad Knowles < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Version of git required for Private Chef?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:23:37 -0700

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:

On Jun 4, 2013, at 8:17 PM, Daniel DeLeo < "> > wrote:

That might be out of date, but if not, you just need a version of git that can do `git rev-parse HEAD`.

I don't supposed you know what version in which that feature was first declared to be stable? In other words, is git-1.7-something likely to be new enough, or git-1.8-something, or some other version we should be aware of?
That command works in git 1.5, which is the oldest version I can find lying around.

--
Daniel DeLeo