[chef] Re: Re: knife winrm browsing network shares

  • From: Grep Juice < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: knife winrm browsing network shares
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 10:05:33 -0400

Works! Thank you.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Peter Donald < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi,

The easiest way I have found is to re-login as part of the winrm
session. So execute the command

net use \\filer\share mypwd

before you access the dir in the same session. We also had some issues
around the authentication code and ended  up having to add a patch
that looks like code in [1]. (We use AD for authentication but all our
deploy tools run on Linux).

HTH

[1] https://gist.github.com/realityforge/5725935

--