[chef] Re: RE: Re: Re: Using shadow password on Windows

  • From: Andrea Cappelli < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RE: Re: Re: Using shadow password on Windows
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:15:08 +0200

Title: RE: [chef] Re: Re: Using shadow password on Windows
Il 11/06/2013 08:52, Kevin Keane Subscription ha scritto:
" type="cite">
Simple answer: you can't.

Thanks :)

" type="cite">
Fortunately, at least the format tends to be consistent, and the algorithm identified with the $1$ (MD5), as in your sample, is probably the most common one, although it may be the least secure.

For Linux distro I use $6$, I hoped that $1$ was working also on Windows (as you stated is the most common), but I made a wrong assumption

" type="cite">
If you really want to set the user to a specific fixed password,

I have to, I need user to be in sync on more than one server. But probably the use of Active Directory as you suggested is a more suitable way

Thank you