[chef] Re: Testing cookbooks before release

  • From: Dorian Jaminais < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Testing cookbooks before release
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:42:12 +0200

What I do is hat production environment contains version restriction.
That way when I push a new version of a cookbook, the staging environment start to use it. When I a sure it won't break anything, I update the production environment to the new version.

Not sure if this is the best way, it is fairly simple yet totally manual.

I'd be happy to hear from other chef on how they handle this.