[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Latency on search indicies

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Latency on search indicies
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 09:30:12 -0700

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Peter Donald wrote:

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen < "> > wrote:
Just be warned that the lag can be much more significant. We run the
open source variant of chef for now and have noticed lags of anywhere
between <1s to ~120s between the data being inserted and it being
accessible via search.
Search is not immediately consistent. The exact latency you experience will depend on the commit frequency configured for Solr.

Newer versions of Solr have a soft commit feature which allows for much more frequent commits without adding disk IO load.Upgrading to Solr 4 is something that's on our radar, but not being actively worked on at the moment.

--
Daniel DeLeo