[chef] Re: Chef::Config[:file_cache_path]

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef::Config[:file_cache_path]
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 23:03:16 -0700

Chef config used mixlin config under the hood , you should be able to assign any value directly,

Chef::Config[:file_cache_path]= 'foo'

Also this is chef client related configuration, hence it might vary depending upon chef version (hosted chef, opensource chef , private chef .. chef server in general does not control this). All this configs are defined in lib/chef/config.rb , and you can specify this in  your client.rb file as well, like
file_cache_path = '/var/chef/cache' (currently this is the default btw)

regards
ranjib