[chef] How to make sure that mod_deflate is off?

  • From: Cassiano Leal < >
  • To: < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] How to make sure that mod_deflate is off?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:31:52 -0300

Hi,

I have a node that has a requirement not to compress the webpages.

The apache configuration is handled by the apache2 cookbook and its web_app resource, which includes the recipe apache2::mod_deflate.

I need to make sure that mod_deflate will be off when the node finishes converging, otherwise some dependent services will fail.

What’s the best approach for that?

I thought about declaring an apache_module resource with action :nothing and then notifying it to run delayed when web_app is called, but it seems a bit convoluted. Any other options?

Cheers,

--
Cassiano Leal
http://cassianoleal.com