[chef] Re: Re: chef node and client creation

  • From: neubyr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: chef node and client creation
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 15:53:17 -0500

Thank you for explaining it in detail. That was helpful.

I was able to use knife bootstrap command, but I am finding node/client creation by hand extremely confusing.

For example, a node created with 'knife node create test1' command doesn't have an IP address or FQDN attributes. I am not sure how to add/edit them as well.

$ knife search node name:test1
1 items found

Node Name:   test1
Environment: _default
FQDN:
IP:
Run List:
Roles:
Recipes:
Platform:
Tags:

May be it's not a recommended approach, but my plan was use node/client commands to add node/client to the server.

-N