[chef] Low-memory chef servers

  • From: Morgan Blackthorne < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Low-memory chef servers
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:11:58 -0700

Something I saw in the past was that a suggestion for low memory servers was to break apart the services so different pieces run on different boxes. Is that still viable under Chef 11, and if so, is there a guide to how to do so? Ideally, I want to shift some of the memory usage over to server_b but leave the CPU crunching on server_a.

Thanks!

--
~*~ StormeRider ~*~

"Every world needs its heroes [...] They inspire us to be better than we are. And they protect from the darkness that's just around the corner."

(from Smallville Season 6x1: "Zod")

On why I hate the phrase "that's so lame"... http://bit.ly/Ps3uSS

  • [chef] Low-memory chef servers, Morgan Blackthorne, 07/30/2013