[chef] Re: Chef behing nginx proxy

  • From: Seth Falcon < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef behing nginx proxy
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 08:21:45 -0700

Hey there,

It's a bit hard to tell what exactly is going on from the logs you posted. Would it be possible for you to test a `knife cookbook upload` operation talking directly to your Chef server (not via the additional nginx proxy that you've configured). It's unclear to me whether you have a config issue causing bookshelf authn to fail or whether it is related to the addition of the extra proxy layer.

It might also help others help if you provided some client side output with `-l debug` and more of the server logs -- since it looks like it is the interaction with bookshelf that is a problem, would be interesting to see access log for the /bookshelf/organization-00000000000000000000000000000000/checksum-defbf24ccb9a0875f212a13a468a53b2 request (or similar) at your proxy nginx, chef server nginx.