[chef] Travis-CI (or similar) for Test-Kitchen, anyone?

  • From: Torben Knerr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Travis-CI (or similar) for Test-Kitchen, anyone?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 19:45:35 +0200

Ohai!

I would love to see something like travis-ci for testing cookbooks via test-kitchen.

In fact I tried to get an LXC container up an running on travis-ci but that doesn't seem to work:

Not everybody runs an in-house Jenkins server for testing his cookbooks, and even if so the builds are not publicly visible (think of test-kitchen build badges).

I firmly believe that the quality of existing (i.e. non-opscode) cookbooks would considerably benefit from that, if something like travis-ci for cookbooks would exist.

Anyone working on / interested in that?

Cheers,
Torben