[chef] Re: Re: Re: Oddity when trying to pull for chef-solo

  • From: "steve ." < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Oddity when trying to pull for chef-solo
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 11:21:35 -0700

Either node[:config] or node[:config][:holland] is nil at the time that this attribute file's being parsed on this particular Chef run on this particular node.  If you pull out the failed-run-data.json from the busted node, you can probably determine which it is.

But y'know, it might be easier/"more correct" to simply assert it in that attribute file...

So, a real simple deep-dive-troubleshooting-free fix might be adding this line to the top of the attribute file:

node.default[:config] = Mash.new

Good luck!  :D