[chef] chef-server-ctl reindex with nodes?

  • From: Jesse Campbell < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] chef-server-ctl reindex with nodes?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 09:08:59 -0400

Hey folks.

So I discovered that chef-expander had stopped indexing anything on my chef server as of the 3rd of august. Maybe it was due to an upgrade, or due to a disk problem, or who knows what.

So I restarted the whole server, and ran chef-server-ctl reindex.

After a few minutes everything was there *except* for the nodes

Nodes, it seems, only show up in search when chef client runs on them.

And that happens overnight.

And some of my recipes depend on the results of search.

Any ideas? Any command I can run to push at least what is in the pg db for the nodes into solr?

Thanks!