[chef] Newb question: How to extend a resource?

  • From: Guy Matz < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Newb question: How to extend a resource?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:19:18 -0400

Hi!  Newb here, coming from the puppet world!!  Seems that it's kinda easy to mangle chef, so I'm looking for the chefiest way and would appreciate some advice . . .

I would like to extend the remote_file resource so that it brings down a new file if  the name of the file on disk does not match that of the remote resource (The name of the remote resource would change due to an attribute change)

Any advice on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated!

regards,
Guy Matz