[chef] Re: Re: Chef 11.6.0.hotfix.1 available

  • From: Bryan McLellan < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Chef 11.6.0.hotfix.1 available
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 11:41:31 -0400

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Brian Anderson < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Probably a silly question, but how do I get the windows version of the installer? When I go to the opscode.com download page the only thing I can select from the dropdown is the release version.

Our systems don't all have internet access, so we bootstrap off of our own local server. To do that I need to be able to download the msi and put it on that internal box and have not done well with guessing the file name.

Ah yeah, sorry. Everything else gets access to prereleases using the 'install.sh -p' option but Windows is unique because we don't use install.sh to fetch the appropriate package. In the future we will update the UI on the download page for being able to more easily get prereleases.

You can always grab the latest Windows prerelease from the Omnitruck API from this URL: www.opscode.com/chef/download?p=windows&pv=2008&m=x86_64&prerelease=true

All the Windows builds are currently the same (built on 2008r2 x86_64) so version and arch don't currently matter, but they might in the future so it's best to respect them rather than be surprised.

The Omnitruck API is documented here: http://docs.opscode.com/api_omnitruck.html

As you noticed, you can always dig through the S3 bucket, but we'd like it to be way easier than that.

Bryan