[chef] LWRP + notification

  • From: Guilhem Lettron < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] LWRP + notification
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:37:04 +0200

Hi all,

I have some problem with notification in LWRP.
Notifications don't work as I expect.

For example, I want to update a configuration file when I add a module.
Template resource is defined in an install recipe and I want to notifies it to take care of modification by LWRP. (I can't use something like ".d" folder).
I also want to restart service and I don't want to duplicate service code (because service can be upstart / init / something else, and this code is manage in a different recipe). So a notification on "service[prosody]" define in a "service" recipe is something great... I can't use...

I try with use_inline_resources and without.

Can I do something else? Or Am I wrong somewhere?

Latest chef version installed.

Thank you.

Guilhem Lettron