[chef] Re: Re: Best Practice Performing Upgrade and Uninstall

  • From: Howard Zhang < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Best Practice Performing Upgrade and Uninstall
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:02:40 +0800

I assumed Chef server could do it too. Chef Server bump all version of cookbooks I uploaded, all I need is to assign a specific version of cookbook to run list. I think that is not what I am talking about.

Take source code of tomcat for example. I download the source code zip, put it in "file" folder. I write a recipe to install it, blah, blah blah.
What I concern is how to do the upgrade, when major version changes come? What is the best practice or say "common practice" you guys using?

Sincerely,
Howard Zhang Haohua
MSc Student in Information Technology
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering
School of Engineering
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Email: " target="_blank">
about.me/HowardZhang