[chef] Re: Role Attributes yes or not?

  • From: Anton Baranov < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Role Attributes yes or not?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 22:43:16 +0900

Role uses by devops for management nodes. So, it is very convenient to use roles for overriding default cookbook attributes for each node as you need.
Role - is very high level abstraction, it helps us to manage nodes. So, with help of attributes in role's descriptions we could easily modify state of our nodes without modifying any cookbook.

--
With best regards, Anton Baranov.