[chef] Do not understand knifing data bags

  • From: Russell Bateman < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Do not understand knifing data bags
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:43:13 -0600

I'm following http://docs.opscode.com/essentials_data_bags.html .

Obviously, there's something I don't understand about knifing brand new data bags up to my Chef server. I've tried variations on the command, but below is basically what I've got and what Chef is telling me.

It's gotta be something easy. What did I miss? I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Russ

~/chef/recipes $ tree data_bags
data_bags
└── rollups
    ├── arbiter-1.json
    ├── configsvr.json
    ├── replicaset-1.json
    ├── replicaset-2.json
    ├── shard-1.json
    └── shard-2.json

1 directory, 6 files
~/chef/recipes $ knife data bag from file rollups arbiter-1.json
ERROR: The object you are looking for could not be found
Response: Cannot load data bag rollups