[chef] Aw: Re: Re: Re: Re: test-kitchen + chef-zero

  • From: "Oleg Volotov" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Aw: Re: Re: Re: Re: test-kitchen + chef-zero
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 09:32:17 +0200 (CEST)

I have tried it to use some data bag search in my recipes but the virtual chef server doesn't have any entries at runtime. Can anyone tell me how to configure kitchen to upload my local data bags to the chef zero server?

Regards,
Oleg

Did you get it to work with the chef_zero provisioner by setting 'use_vagrant_provision:false'?  I didn't need to do that to get it to work. Simply using 'provisioner:chef_zero' worked for me when I used it a couple months ago.  Are you sure you're using a version of test-kitchen with chef_zero support.  It's only in 1.0.0.beta1, beta2 and beta3.  No final release yet that I see.  I just installed directly from master.
Here's what worked for me.  Just, bundle install and then kitchen verify.

~  ᐅ grep -v '^#' src/cookbooks/glusterfs/.kitchen.yml
---
driver_plugin: vagrant
driver_config:
  require_chef_omnibus: true
provisioner: chef_zero

platforms:
- name: ubuntu-12.04
  driver_config:
    box: opscode-ubuntu-12.04

suites:
- name: client
  run_list: ["recipe[glusterfs]"]
  attributes: {}
- name: server
  run_list: ["recipe[glusterfs]", "recipe[glusterfs::server]"]
  attributes: {}

~  ᐅ grep -v '^#' src/cookbooks/glusterfs/Gemfile

gem 'berkshelf'
group :integration do
  gem 'kitchen-vagrant', :git => 'https://github.com/opscode/kitchen-vagrant.git'
  gem 'test-kitchen', :git => 'git://github.com/opscode/test-kitchen.git'
end

Regards,
John