[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: chef recipe does not fail on bash resource

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: chef recipe does not fail on bash resource
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:50:49 -0700

On Monday, September 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Manoj Thakkar wrote:

Thanks Daniel,

will the not_if work with action:nothing ?  if not then it will be a little trickier ,  i think i might have to break the dependency on cookbook file for bash script and depend on some other file or resource.
It does, but I think what you want is for the bash script to run anytime some condition is not met (looks like this condition is, "my application is correctly deployed to the latest version"). If it fails for some reason, and you want Chef to retry it next time, then you probably want to use the default action on the script resource, and let the not_if/only_if check take care of deciding whether it should run.

Thanks
Manoj

--
Daniel DeLeo