[chef] LWRPs and rolling back

  • From: "Florian Hehlen" < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] LWRPs and rolling back
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 16:32:51 +0200

HI all,

I am writting my own LWRP for my server. So I have the following actions:

actions :stop, :db_backup, :update, :validate, :db_rollback, :server_rollback, :start

creating the resource/provider is working pretty well. I am wondering though how I can express the workflow logic in the recipe to roll-back only if the validation fails.

I see some possibilities with handlers, or with the only_if/not_if properties, notifiers/subscribers but none of them scream out as the way to go. Are there any suggestions on best practices here?

cheers,

Florian