[chef] Re: Problem bootstrapping Ubuntu 12.04 (newbie alert!)

  • From: Vladimir Skubriev < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Problem bootstrapping Ubuntu 12.04 (newbie alert!)
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:03:04 +0400

On 10/11/2013 04:52 PM, Ton Machielsen wrote:
" type="cite">
Hi all!

I am setting up a local Chef environment to learn Chef.
I have a Ubuntu 12.04 chef server, a Ubuntu 12.04 node and a Windows 2008 node. All virtual in VMWare Fusion.

My client is a Mac where also Fusion is installed.

Server is working. Client is working. Bootstrapping the Windows node works fine.

Problem is bootstrapping the Ubuntu node.

The only response i get is "Bootstrapping Chef on <linux node ip>". Nothing else.

Running top on the node doesn't tell me anything.
Protocol analyzer tells me there is an SSH key exchange, then the node does a DNS lookup for my client which obviously ends in a "no such name" from the DNS server.

Does my client need to be resolvable for the bootstrap to work?

Can someone point me to a troubleshooting guide for this issue?

Thanks,

Ton.
Likely ssh server doesn't work at the client.

Check if simple `ssh <linux node ip>` works from you machine.

--
Best regards,

CVision Lab System Administrator
Vladmir Skubriev