[chef] Re: Installing a Chef Server via the cookbook

  • From: Torben Knerr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Installing a Chef Server via the cookbook
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 16:26:22 +0200

You might want to take a look at the knife-server plugin:
http://fnichol.github.io/knife-server/

Not sure though if your specific platform is supported...

HTH, Torben

On Oct 11, 2013 4:16 PM, "Stephen Corbesero" < "> > wrote:

Would it be possible to use the chef server cookbook to install chef on a system which is not one of the few possible platform choices?  I want to run a small chef server at home for experimentation.  I happen to have an older machine that is not a 64-bit platform, but should be just fine to serve a dozen or so client nodes.

If so, can someone suggest a series of steps.

If not, why not?

In a perfect world, I would also like to apply the same approach to install a chef server on a FreeBSD system.

--

Stephen Corbesero, Performance Engineer

Synchronoss - Mobile Innovation for a Connected World

" target="_blank"> | www.synchronoss.com