[chef] chef recipe to auto scale apps deployment

  • From: Manoj Thakkar < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] chef recipe to auto scale apps deployment
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 12:43:00 -0700

Hi,

I am looking at ways to auto scale my infrastructure based on the cpu/memory used by the apps,i know there is something similar in AWS,

this what i am trying to do ,

1 check cpu/memory usage on a server
2  if hits the fan on 1 above then pick a server from a list of serves listed in a file
3. run the app on the server picked from 2.

Please advise, i believe someone has already done this in past i just don't know where and how to start it.

Thanks
Manoj