[chef] Setting Java 7 as default Java using the cookbook

  • From: Eric Herot < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Setting Java 7 as default Java using the cookbook
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 11:38:12 -0500

Hi Chefs,

Re: the Opscode Java cookbook.  Specifically:

Does anyone know why it only agrees to run update-alternatives when the java version gets a priority of 1061?  This seems to be preventing Java 7 from being set as the default on my system because apt (or at least I think it's apt) gives it a default priority of 1051.  Is it safe to override this or will I encounter dragons?

Thanks,

Eric

  • [chef] Setting Java 7 as default Java using the cookbook, Eric Herot, 12/03/2013