[chef] api.get(/environments/NAME) is not returning JSON

  • From: Alex Myasnikov < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] api.get(/environments/NAME) is not returning JSON
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 22:55:50 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Ohai Chefs,

I am trying to programmatically pull existing environment json for a given environment name off chef server via an authenticated API GET request to /environments/NAME endpoint

knife exec getEnvjson.rb

getEnvjson.rb:

require "awesome_print"

env = api.get("/environments/STAGE")

ap env

exit 0

What I am getting back is just STAGE text value instead of the expected fully blown json definition of the STAGE environment.

Am I missing something?

Running 11.4.0 chef server, thinking whether this is a known issue that’s been addressed in the subsequent releases and I should upgrade?

Thank you in advance.

Alex