[chef] Re: Re: Ohai on a AWS VPC instance

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Ohai on a AWS VPC instance
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 10:21:00 -0800

For further explanation, VPC mode in EC2 breaks ohai’s auto detection of EC2. Ohai’s hint system is a workaround for cases where we can not reliably auto detect some feature of the platform we’re on, so you need to create a hint file as referenced in the previous post to tell ohai to gather EC2 data.

HTH,

--
Daniel DeLeo