[chef] RE: Restoring Clients (OSCS)

  • From: POULAIN Dominique < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Restoring Clients (OSCS)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 07:49:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, fi-FI

Hi list,

I had to restore an OS Chef Server (11.0.10) from scratch yesterday, using a PostgreSQL (pg_dumpall) dump. The restore worked fine for nodes, but did not restore any clients.

I realise this is typically not a big deal, as new clients can easily be created by just removing the old client key, having the validation key on hand, and running Chef. And I could use knife download/upload to backup/restore clients.

Out of curiosity though, is there a way to recreate clients using only a pg_dumpall script?

Cheers,

dsp

  • [chef] RE: Restoring Clients (OSCS), POULAIN Dominique, 01/27/2014