[chef] Re: Re: Re: Deploying User Private Keys

  • From: "Eric G. Wolfe" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Deploying User Private Keys
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 23:55:59 -0500

I do something similar with the sshkey Ruby gem, and generate them programattically.  Generate the keys and save private key to disk.  Save the public key to disk, and then chef-server so it will be in search.

Example, https://gist.github.com/atomic-penguin/8798328

Didn't know there was a deploy_key resource, so I might have to give that a whirl.
Eric G. Wolfe
Senior Linux Administrator,
IT Infrastructure Systems
--------------------------------------
Marshall University Computing Services
Drinko Library 428-K
One John Marshall Dr.
Huntington, WV 25755
Phone: 304.942.3970
Email:

 ">

The world has many unintentionally cruel mechanisms that are not
designed for people who walk on their hands.
		-- John Irving, "The World According to Garp"