[chef] Re: stove problems help

  • From: Jasna Benčić < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: stove problems help
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 00:16:49 +0100

*by manual change I mean manual push to GitHub - that's where versions of cookbook get out of sync

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 12:15 AM, Jasna Benčić < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I've realized that I get fail at GitHub server because it gives me error about bad credentials which is a big surprise because it worked for first 2 attempts when I had to give credentials and also I have noticed that my updates are not synced with my work, I release a new version my original cookbook gets bumped with version that suppose to end up on previous attempt.

I'll try to do all over again and start counting versions from start, maybe I'll be able to track why is this not working as it should and why are my releases out of a sync ... it doesn't make sense that I commit changes and then I run rake(new version) and only get updated changelog, that is wrong .. new changes should be in new version and stove shouldn't require manual change at all, it should do it automatically by asking user only to commit first

Correct my thoughts if I have failed along the way