[chef] RE: Re: Re: Re: Oracle Cookbook

  • From: Ross Mohan < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Re: Re: Re: Oracle Cookbook
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 13:42:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Ari and Esteemed Others,

Thanks much for this resource. For Chef newbies ("busboys"? "dishwashers"?) this is a very valuable resource to have.

Are you aware of anyone automating an Oracle RAC install? (for others who may not know, RAC is the clustered version of oracle, and the install complexity is an order of magnitude higher, requiring significant OS, storage and networking coordination.)

What I am finding -- and I would love to be dead wrong about this -- is that the install unavoidably involves manual steps spread throughout. So any Chef automation becomes 'stop/start', where one must stop to manually do a check, run another script, etc.

My question:  Are you aware of anyone working on a full-up Chef Oracle RAC install? I'd like to see one A to Z, all the way from VM provisioning off bare machine to working clustered database, but would welcome learning about folks working on partial solutions (besides myself.)

Thanks,

Ross