[chef] Re: using chef resource in library

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: using chef resource in library
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 13:01:27 -0800

take a look at the chef-apply code[1],
all resources in chef requires a run context, you can learn how to build run context from that code, after that either you can take the recipe route (i.e. instance_eval ruby code having file, cookbook_file etc, using Chef::Recipe) or the explicit  Chef::File.new('/path', rc).run_action(:create)  route

cheers
ranjib