[chef] Managing client.rb via chef

  • From: Tensibai < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Managing client.rb via chef
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 18:25:18 +0100

Le 2014-02-26 18:14, Dylan Northrup a écrit :

I'm looking to update some parameters in client.rb.  I'd like to do this using chef, but did not see any examples of this during my searching of the interwebs.

I know I could create a template in a cookbook and have that be that, but wanted to know if there are any caveats or complexities for this.

--
Dylan Northrup

You should have a look at the chef-client cookbook which does exactly that (and some more)

Here: http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/chef-client

Regards,

Tensibai